Gary F. Roth
An expert in the field of copyright law and intellectual property, Gary F. Roth lectures extensively to educational and legal groups.
Roth is admitted to the New York, New Jersey and Supreme Court bars, and is a member of The Copyright Society of the USA, having served on its Executive Committee and as its Treasurer. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Corporate Counsel Section of the New York State Bar Association and was its Chair in 2001 and 2008. He also is a member of the Executive Committee of the NY State Bar Association’s Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section and belongs to numerous music industry associations.
Roth formerly served as Assistant Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs, Performing Rights, for BMI, where he oversaw a host of legal matters relating to writers and publishers, including song disputes, estates, banking, divorce, bankruptcy and tax and judgment issues. He joined BMI in 1974 as a staff attorney immediately upon graduation from the College of William & Mary School of Law from which he holds a J.D. degree. He received his B.A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He is also a Director and former Vice President of the BMI Foundation, Inc.
- © C in a Circle - When The Taxman Cometh
- © C in a Circle - Splitting Heirs: Paying Royalties After Your Death
- © C in a Circle - Copyrights in Bankruptcy: When Seven Is Not Your Lucky Number
- C in a Circle - Three Copyright Firsts
- © C in a Circle - You Put It Up, They Take It Down - or Not
- © C in a Circle: From Piano Rolls to Ringtones: 100 years with Compulsory Mechanical Licenses
- © C in a Circle - Copyright Stocking Stuffers
- © C in a Circle - Exceptions To The Rule: When Unlicensed Uses of a Copyright Are Not Infringements
- © C in a Circle - When Copyrights Go To Court
- © C in a Circle - Copyright Short Subjects
- © C in a Circle - Playing Fair
- © C in a Circle - Now Showing: The Facts of (Copyright) Life and The (Copyright) Terminator
- © C in a Circle - Signing Away Your Copyright: Joining Forces With A Publisher
- © C in a Circle